Monday, September 10, 2007

An Introduction For What Is Ahead


There is a spider web that spreads over 200 yards in a Northern Texas park.
Specators who saw it's beauty in its beginning stages commented on how white it was - like a massive blanket of snow covering this Texan park. As time goes on, it has taken on a brownish tint from all the mosquitoes who have come to their death because of this web. A million empty corpses. A million victims who are left waiting for death.
A local claims there are times when the screams of the millions of mosquitoes caught in this web can be heard.
I can only imagine what it must be like to gaze upon this phenomenon.

I have never used a blog before. I hardly use a computer besides for writing papers, so to be honest, at first I was a little frustrated this would be part of the course I am taking. I do however keep a journal, and I am an English: Literature/Writing major, so I changed my attitude and hope to use this blog to my advantage for myself and my writing.

I can not tell you what to expect from this blog, because I don't even know what to expect - and I am the writer who will manipulate and control this blog. I enjoy creative writing, so I imagine a good portion of my posts will have creative twists to them. As I said before, this blog is for a course I am taking: Critical Theory and the Academy, so the majority of my posts will also be reflections from my class and readings.

I am enjoying the reading so far for this class. It is interesting to learn about how individuals criticize and interpret texts through theory. However, my initial thought is: what's the point? Why not just read a text and then reflect from there without labeling it as Marxist or Feminist, etc... I'm sure as the course progresses, I will understand why, find my own reasons as to why.

Until then...we shall see what happens. Enjoy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to reading your journey.